Leaders in Physiotherapy and Physio-led Exercise
Fact: Research has shown that exercise can significantly decrease
the chance of recurrence among cancer patients!
Inner Strength Bayside has supported many brave women and men in their quest to conquer cancer. For many years, clinic director and Physiotherapist, Luci Minogue has taken a special interest in cancer rehabilitation, being the first Pinc provider in Victoria. She delivers Pinc (for women) and Steel (for men) Programs to women and men diagnosed with cancer, helping them regain their physical strength, improve their body confidence and incorporate exercise into their lifestyle.
These programs are a complementary blend of clinical pilates style exercises, physiotherapy, massage, stretching and breathing techniques. Pinc and Steel help improve quality of life for cancer survivors and aid to reduce the side effects of treatment.
Pinc & Steel
Pinc & Steel Cancer Rehabilitation programs accommodate all fitness levels and are suitable for anyone recovering from cancer to help improve quality of life and reduce the side effects of treatment such as fatigue, pain and muscle wasting.
A one hour long initial assessment which is then followed by several individual half hour sessions, often in our studio. Options after these individual sessions are to either continue individually or join a Group Physiotherapy exercise class. These sessions are claimable on private health or else with medicare if you have an EPC referral from your GP.
Please refer to www.au.pincandsteel.com for further information. Funding is available and can be applied for via the pinc and steel website.
The Pinc & Steel programs aim to help women & men:
- Regain strength, flexibility and confidence in their body
- Improve stability and posture
- Ease pain and muscular tension
- Minimize weight gain and improve bone density
- Learn new exercises to enhance their recovery after surgery and prevent long term problems
- Increase energy levels during and after cancer treatments
- Achieve their own fitness goals with an individualised, safe training program
- Gain a sense of control and boost the spirit