WE ARE NOW OFFERING ONLINE VIDEO CONSULTATIONS! Please contact us on 8555 4099 to learn more or book online!.
All you need is a computer, tablet or smart phone with a camera and microphone.
From April 12th, some private health funds will cover online video consultations (telehealth) Until this time, we are introducing temporary reduced pricing.
Australian Physiotherapy Association National President Phil Calvert said, “Physio telehealth has been used in a variety of settings for some time. It is safe, it is effective and it is the right thing to do to reduce infection rates in our communities. We thank PHA and its members for getting on board so quickly to help us do our bit to keep Australians moving and pain free from the safety of their own homes.”
Several private health funds have agreed to provide benefits for individual (one on one) physiotherapy teleconsultations where:
- The customer is undergoing an existing course of treatment and the customer has seen the physiotherapist over the past six months, or
- For new patients, the tele-physiotherapy service has been recommended by their general practitioner or relevant medical specialist, and
- The primary condition being treated is one of:
- Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. Total hip or knee replacement)
- Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis)
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation, or
- pelvic floor muscle training,
- The service is delivered before 30 September 2020, and
- The service is undertaken in accordance with Australian Physiotherapy Association guidelines.
Health funds will provide coverage for teleconsultations provided by physiotherapists from Tuesday 14 April 2020 subject to the conditions listed above.
Health fund members should check with their health fund to see if they will cover tele-physiotherapy consultations. Some funds may impose additional conditions.
Initially benefit payments will be on production of a receipt from the provider. Patients will have to pay the provider for the consultation and then claim the benefit through their health fund.
We are here to help and will guide you through the technical part of video consultations!