Leaders in Physiotherapy and Physio-led Exercise
Pre & Post Natal Care
At Inner Strength our Physiotherapists are experienced in pre and post natal care and can assist with various musculoskeletal changes that occur during this time. The following conditions can be effectively treated by Physiotherapy techniques during pregnancy and post-natally:
- Low and mid back pain
- Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Rectus diastasis (abdominal separation +/- bulging)
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
It is safe to exercise during a healthy pregnancy and an assessment of risks should be undertaken to identify potential contraindications. Contraindications to exercise during pregnancy may include cardiovascular disease, poorly controlled asthma, poorly controlled diabetes, and bone or joint problems that may be made worse by physical activity. Exercise during pregnancy can help to reduce the risk of gestational diabetes, gestational hypertension, pre-eclampsia and mental health conditions such as depression.
We offer three types of Group Physio-led Exercise sessions for pre and post natal women:
- Group Physio: Using Clinical Pilates and other strengthening exercises within our studio, this class can cater for both pre and post natal women.
- Mums & Bubs: Bring your baby in for a mat class using small pieces of equipment. Suitable from 6 weeks post natal, following clearance to exercise from your GP or obstetrician.
- Pregnancy Group Physio: Similar to a group physio class, however this class is only for pregnant women.
Check our class timetable here.
InnerStrength of Bayside are stockists of SRC pregnancy and recovery shorts and leggings. These compression garments are specifically designed to provide continuous support and relief of pain during pregnancy, faster recovery after delivery, post-surgery and after exercise, by facilitating muscle healing.